To support our growth in technical building and energy efficiency analytics, we are seeking a technical specialist to support our Residential Energy Efficiency team. A successful candidate will contribute to the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff. The selected candidate will support our energy efficiency team working with the U.S. EPA ENERGY STAR Certified Homes program, and other government and private sector clients.
The Residential Energy Efficiency team supports federal, state, and local government clients through planning, analysis, and implementation of energy efficiency programs. The team’s work is grounded in high-quality analysis to give clients confidence that their programs deliver cost-effective savings. Building off the analytical base, the team communicates program requirements and policies through program documents, training materials, presentations (in-person and virtual), and answering partner questions. The team then helps clients successfully implement and evolve programs through maintaining relationships with and outreach to key stakeholders.
- Interpreting sustainable design practices (e.g., ENERGY STAR, LEED)
- Assessing and summarizing model energy codes and standards (e.g., IECC, ASHRAE, RESNET)
- Performing in-depth analysis using spreadsheets, databases and Visual Basic functions
- Developing and implementing program strategies, preparing and presenting persuasive presentations, relationship building activities, research and analysis of energy efficiency and industry issues and corresponding with industry and government representatives.
- Conduct outreach to builders and Home Energy Raters to provide sales training and marketing tools that effectively communicate benefits of EPA’s voluntary home-labeling programs.
- Review technical inquiries and provide formal written recommendations to EPA on program revisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering, Building Science, or related subject
- 3-5 years of related residential or commercial energy efficiency work experience
- Detail-oriented with proven quality control / quality assurance of work products
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with ability to communicate complex technical issues
- Experience working with technical, analytical and marketing-oriented clients
- Ability to analyze residential and/or commercial building systems using energy modeling tools (e.g., REM/Rate, Ekotrope, EnergyGauge, BEopt, EnergyPlus, etc.)
- Green building experience or certifications are a plus (HERS Rater, LEED, BPI, etc.)
- Knowledge of building construction methods, mechanical systems, and related energy use
- Professional work experience or internships related to energy efficiency
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities
If you want to work on the leading issues of the day, if you want your work to reflect your passion in life, if you truly want to make the world a better place, then you want to work at ICF.
Whether ensuring efficient use of energy resources, protecting the environment for generations to come, supporting cancer and HIV/AIDS patients and returning veterans, keeping young people in school and educators informed, delivering results in emergency preparedness, or breaking ground in any number of today’s issues, ICF works in the topics that lead the news.
We have a passionate commitment to our work and to helping our clients achieve their objectives. We combine technical expertise with world-class analytics. We provide room for entrepreneurial thinking and grass-roots innovation to achieve compelling results for both our clients’ projects and our own company. All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals the latitude they need to perform work that parallels their passions.
About ICF International
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) provides professional services and technology solutions that deliver beneficial impact in areas critical to the world's future. ICF is fluent in the language of change, whether driven by markets, technology, or policy. Since 1969, we have combined a passion for our work with deep industry expertise to tackle our clients' most important challenges. We partner with clients around the globe—advising, executing, innovating—to help them define and achieve success. Our more than 5,000 employees serve government and commercial clients from more than 65 offices worldwide. ICF's website is www.icf.com.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)